STATEMENT OF FAITH
The purpose of this is to give people a good idea of where I stand on certain issues. Please note that this statement of faith does not encompass all of my beliefs.
My beliefs are similar to the beliefs that you will find with many Bible-believing Baptist churches. However, my views on certain Bible Prophecy topics are quite different than what is commonly taught.
Click on + on the right side of a topic to learn about our beliefs on the topic.
- I believe God created everything: the universe, the earth, etc.
- I believe in the Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- I believe Jesus Christ is God, who came in human flesh, born of a virgin birth, and lived a sinless life.
- I believe in the death, burial, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ
- I believe Jesus Christ is the only way to get to Heaven as He died for our sins.
- I believe Jesus Christ will return to rescue the Elect.
- I believe Jesus Christ will return again following the end of the 70th Week of Daniel to redeem the surviving Jewish people who endured great hardship.
- The Bible is divinely-inspired, inerrant, and should be regarded as the authoritative source of information when compared to non-biblical sources.
- I believe that God can use any Bible translation to serve His purposes. However, I prefer to use the King James Version over other Bible versions.
I believe the Devil (Satan) exists and is very active at this moment preparing for the arrival of Antichrist.
I believe man was created in the image of God, but that man fell into a sinful state.
I believe human activity occurs within the context of a great spiritual battle between good (God and His heavenly host) and evil (Satan and his minions). The spiritual battle is mostly invisible to us, but it sometimes manifests itself in the battle between countries, ideologies, ideas, religions, and other areas. The spiritual forces of evil are not permitted to interfere with human free will most of the time, but they try to influence people’s behavior/actions so that they end up doing their bidding or following them. Therefore, an understanding of the spiritual battle and an understanding of earthly phenomenon (the social sciences and the physical sciences) is necessary to understand what is going on and what is likely going to happen in the future. Only understanding what you can visibly see or what you can hear severely limits your ability to understand the big picture completely. You will completely miss out on understanding the context in which events are happening (or will happen) and why events are happening (or will happen).
Therefore, I believe a person must consider secular and spiritual/religious events/developments to fully understand ongoing current events and to anticipate what is likely going to happen in the future. More specifically, I believe a person needs to knowledgeable about Bible prophecy, the interaction between the fields of economics, finance, and politics, and scientific/technological developments.