Another question about the Mark of the Beast that I received recently is whether the Mark of the Beast will be forced upon people. It is a good question because it is something that I wondered about too in the past. This is a question that I think would be useful to address in a blog post because many people probably have the same type of question.
Today I’ll provide my thoughts on whether the Mark of the Beast will be forced upon people.
I believe the main purpose of the Mark of the Beast can be found by examining Revelation 13:16-17. Revelation 13 states that the False Prophet will cause people to get a special mark on their right hand or on their forehead. Although the mark will enable a person to conduct transactions, a person could get by with having beast’s number or the name of the beast (verse 17).
(16) And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: (17) And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. (Revelation 13:16-17)
The fact that a person can also buy or sell by using the name of the beast or the number of the beast indicates that people do not obtain the Mark of the Beast just so that they buy or sell (although people probably will receive a mark during the process of getting the beast’s name or number). The Mark of the Beast’s main purpose is to serve as a way for people to prove that their allegiances are with Antichrist. In other words, accepting the Mark of the Beast means that you have declared yourself a follower of the Antichrist and thereby an opponent of God.
Given my view that the Mark of the Beast is an important tool to distinguish between followers of the Antichrist and those who do not follow the Antichrist, I do not think people will be given the Mark of the Beast against their will.
- The Mark of the Beast would lose a lot of its symbolic significance if those working to get people to enter the Mark of the Beast system physically forced people against their will to take the mark.
- In addition, it would become much more difficult for the authorities to distinguish between truly loyal followers of the Antichrist and opponents of the Antichrist if people were forced to get the Mark of the Beast against their will since there would not be a physical/visible way to distinguish between followers and opponents.
A third consideration is that forcing opponents of the Antichrist to accept the Mark of the Beast may lead to fewer necessities of life for the true supporters of the Antichrist as the opponents of the Antichrist would be eligible to buy and sell items with their mark. This would pose a problem for the authorities because the opponents of the Antichrist would be able to obtain (buy) items like food. This means that there would be fewer necessities for those who actually support the Antichrist at a time when necessities like food will probably will be in short supply.
With that said, I think the authorities will go to extremes to compel people to “voluntarily” become part of the Mark of the Beast system.
- For instance, denying people who aren’t part of the Mark of the Beast system the ability to buy and sell is one major thing that the authorities will do to try to persuade people to pledge their allegiance to the Antichrist and enter the Mark of the Beast system.
- Another way the authorities will try to compel people to voluntarily enter the Mark of the Beast system is to persecute those who have not yet become part of the system.
Thus, I believe people will be given a choice about whether they want to opt into the Mark of the Beast system or not. The choices that probably will be offered by the authorities at that time are basically: become part of the system or die. It’s not an appealing set of choices, but there is a choice nonetheless. If anyone alive at that time manages to get a hold of this article, I urge you to not accept the Mark of the Beast. Don’t accept it no matter what hardships await you by rejecting it!